in a few hours to pick up a visitor.
A good friend and fellow sighthound lover is coming over for a two week visit.
It will be fun showing her around, doing DC, Cape May, Gettysburg and all the other nice places we can visit here.
In a way I still feel like a tourist when we get in the car and drive around, so it should be no problem to find nice spots and sights to see.
Just wish it wouldn't rain today.
I mean, we needed the rain, bad! But why today?
Yesterday would have been perfect also?
Thursday, September 9, 2010
- 4 pair of shorts and still wondering if I should get another pair
- (has to do with the first one) haven't worn jeans since May
- followed by tanned legs!
- ground hogs
- bald eagles
- squirrels racing through my garden
- flash flooding
- tornado warnings
- more than one snowstorm in a winter
- bear sightings in the neighborhood
- having a campfire on a cool fall evening
- turkey at Thanksgiving
- dressing up at halloween
- two lunch dates in a week
- going out for breakfast
- humming birds
- above ground wires everywhere
- which leads to totally mutilated trees to prevent power outages
- personalized license plates
- a starting business
- always having your groceries bagged at the store
- a garden bigger than the house
- motor bikers not wearing a helmet
- so many people texting, calling and driving at once
- a church on every other corner
- with huge billboards on the roadside
- being called 'hun' or 'sweety' by waitresses
- restaurants that don't have a liquor license
- separate shops for beer/soda's and wine/liquor
- cheese on my french fries
- free refills for soda
and many many more.
Life is different here and I do like it, can you tell?