Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's for real now

After seeing Jack, whether it is here or there, I am aways in a daze for about a week after. Not feeling like I want to do anything and on the other side a huge feeling of frustration.

This time it is different, this time we got what we wanted.
The main reason for Jack coming over was meeting with my son's Dad. We didn't want to start the K1 visa procedure without knowing for sure if my son would come with me.
And now we know, my son can come with me.

This all means that we are making real plans now, no more 'what if's'.
The day after the meeting we went out with my parents and told them our future plans. They didn't seem to be shocked at all, think they saw it coming.
But even though we talked a lot about our plans that night, it still didn't seem real to me yet.
Not until the day before Jack left and we went through the website that tells us the steps we have to take now.
Together we found out what paperwork to get together to get started.
Jack has to file for I129F Petition for Alien Fiance so we can get the K1 visa.

When we started reading up on this it sounded really complicated but now that we are looking at it closely, it isn't too bad. Just a lot of paperwork.
The whole process can be found here

At this moment we are both gathering paperwork and filled in a form about our background, 4 times.
For me it is still very easy, my work comes when I have to prepare for my interview at the embassy in a few months, Jack has to do most work now.
He has to get proof together of us meeting, having a relationship, get proof together that he can sponsor us and a lot more.

While gathering my papers it started to get through to me, we are actually doing it now!
Our goal is to get our papers over at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before the 1st of December.

We'll try to keep everyone up-dated through our blog so you can travel with us on our way to the US and our life together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you good luck and buckets full of patience and hoping the guys here are a little bit more human than those in Dublin, where I had to apply!
How wonderful that your ex did not spoil things for you and your son!

Willeke