Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A very bad start to the week

Worst case scenario will be, canceling the upcoming trip.
But lets hope it will not come to that.
Most of you know that I have 3 dogs, all rescued sighthounds, a Spanish galgo, a Dutch greyhound and my Spanish lurcher.
The first two are seniors, from which the galgo is around 14 years old.
This is all about those two.

This weekend I had a meeting for GINN, as usual on the other side of the country so it would be an overnight stay.
Wasn't happy to leave, the grey had a nose bleed on friday.
When I came back sunday night I found little drops of blood everywhere so I took him to the vet on monday.
Yesterday they took x-rays and removed a tooth. But they aren't happy with the result, the bone structure of his jaw was so soft, it crumbled.
This means it can be a tumor.

I don't want to miss my sweet boy yet and also Jack would be very upset, Tom and he became good friends. But...the worst it would be for my oldest girl, she totally freaked out when Tom wasn't there yesterday. She was so terrified that I talked about it with the vet and it was decided that if it turns out that I have to let Tom go, it would be the kindest to let her go also.

That was yesterday, at a certain point I didn't know what to do anymore.
Rightnow Tom is on his back on the couch, all four paws up in the air, clearly feeling better than he did in days.
So we are going to think positive here.
Next tuesday we will know more and for now we are going to think the best of it.


Anonymous said...


aw you poor girl, that's terrible. It takes guts to take that decision but I do believe that you are right, it would be the kindest thing you can do for her at her age.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Anonymous said...


wat een bericht Peet. Ik kan niet zeggen wat je zou moeten doen..ik moet er niet aan denken twee honden tegelijk

God Peet this is awful. Lets hope for the best for now.

Sterkte daar meid en als ik iets zou kunnen doen , geef een gil oke