Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving


Poor Amerigo. I'm glad the horse was not injured and the celebration went on, even though there may have been a few bruised ego's. LOL I hope to part of that celebration soon.


Our next holiday, Thanksgiving, is this Thursday. It is a day set aside that we are to gather as family and/or friends and be thankful for the good things in life that we have. It originates from the earliest settlers that came to America and survived their first very harsh year. They held a feast celebrating their good fortune.


This year I have two Thanksgiving dinners to go to. My stepson invited me to his house in the early afternoon and my neighbors invited me for a feast in the evening. Traditional food is turkey and a bunch of other things that will only make me feel fat in the morning. LOL


No comments: