Monday, September 22, 2008

Another step forward

Since sleep seems to be a little problem at the moment, I just as well can up-date you guys about the newest step we are preparing for our journey.
Today Jack let me know he had booked a flight to Amsterdam for the end of next month.
So, when the world economy decides not to collapse, he will be over for a meeting that we will be having with my sons Dad to talk things through and get some questions answered.
Besides this, to us very important, meeting I am also very happy that Jack can come over again, even if it is for just a few days.
Being apart now after having spent so much time together is harder than I thought it would be.
I know, that sounds like it is a surprise to me, but I figured with a lot going on we would both be busy and keeping a clear mind on that this situation is going to end one day.
Well, I am reading into the visa stuff and I am glad Jack can get us some help on that, because my daily life English is not nearly enough to understand the language they use for those formal papers.
If you ask me what papers, vaccinations and health certificates a dog needs to move to the US, or how to find out what type of crate you need to use to fly to the US.
No problem, I can figure all that out without blinking an eye.
But when it comes to stuff that is named K 1 for which you have to file USCIS Form I-129F and two sentences later they start talking about aliens and conditional permanent residence status and a lot more abracadabra, I get lost.
I guess that once started all this it will at some point make sense to me, but right now I only have a general feel for the procedure.

One thing is clear to me though, it is easier to bring dogs to the US, than people.

No comments: