Saturday, June 23, 2007

Too Late?

I guess with just 12 days left it is too late for me to grow a full head of hair, get a flat, hard stomach, have a picture perfect smile and be able to sing love songs like an Italian tenor?

It is going to be interesting to see how we are together in real life. Will I smell ok? Do I have some annoying habit that I am unaware of? The beauty of our relationship in my mind is that from the very beginning, we have not pretended to be something that we are not. We have not tried to build some image of each other that we know we cannot achieve in real life.
One of the reasons that I have fallen so deeply in love with Petra is that we became best friends before anything else and have grown to know the inner person without any physical distractions to influence what we are hearing and understanding about each other.
I truly feel for the first time in my life that I have a partner that I can openly laugh with, cry with, tease with and share my deepest feelings with without fearing embarrassment or weakness. I would trust Petra with my most personal thoughts. I really feel that we started this friendship and now love for all the right reasons. We really do know each other and we feel very comfortable about that.
Now, I just have to convince Petra when we meet that those pictures of George Clooney that I have been sending her, really are of me. LOL

No comments: