Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Piercings, miniskirts and the red light district

Funny how two people can spend a day together and can sometimes tell totally different stories.
And that is what I am going to do here, tell what Jack doesn't want or dare to tell maybe?
That last day was wonderful, it was the only day we spent together without having any obligations to anyone but ourselves.
There was someone taking care of the dogs, so we were in no hurry to get back.
All we had to do was enjoy ourselves, and we did.

The Groninger Museum was clear, we were both interested, just like going for kibbeling (one of the few ways I do like fish) What Jack didn't know was that I had been planning to add more piercings the first time I was in the city, so when he asked what we could do, I told him that I would have it done if I saw a place where it was possible. Actually, it only was adding 2 more earrings to the 6 I already have, so it wasn't a big deal.
Although, from the look on Jacks face he thought differently when I suggested he would have one done also LOL.
The piercing was part of the shopping we did, another, that we actually had fun with was looking for a skirt for me. I mean, he did had to see if the skirt looked ok, didn't he? Men and fitting rooms, you never know what to expect.
Anyway, I ended up with a skirt that could be called mini.
When we were on our way to the museum Jack spotted the small street again that has the old town look on it. It is on the way from the center to the train station.
When we walked by something happened, I really don't remember what, but I told Jack that that street was the local red light district. He could hardly believe it was so close to the center and even kids could walk past there.
So I turned around and took him through the street, he reacted like I thought.
There is nothing adventurous about it, it actually looks sad.
The women sitting in the windows, waiting for their customers in a totally empty street.

It was fun to show Jack other things than the usual and I really appreciate that he lets me, be me, with my piercings and tattoo.

The rest of the day was wonderful also, the museum was fun, looking at the beautiful illustrations the Russians made over hundred years ago for their fairy tales, looking at all those people making interesting faces and talking about their knowledge of art.
Really fun was the modern art, from which I seldom can say I like it. In which case 'interesting' is always a good word to use. LOL.
To our surprise we also found some beautiful x-mas decorations in the museum shop.
To anyone ever visiting Groningen, the building in itself is already worth a visit.It looks strange but inside it has its own beauty.


And Jack is right, we had a wonderful time at the Balkan restaurant.

Not just that, the whole time Jack was here was wonderful, we had such a good time and I can't wait until the end of next month.

No comments: